Soo..I’ve been inspired lately to get into shape slash lose 20 pounds..And today I decided I was going to exercise. I wanted to go outside, since it was a pretty nice day, and I decided it would be fun to ride a bike, which I haven’t done in a long time. Like a year. Honestly, I haven’t exercised very much in the past year at all. But one of my best friends took mountain-biking this semester, and she gave me the combination to her bike’s lock and I was off.
My school has main campus, and it has mountain campus, and these two are 3 miles apart. There’s a road that connects them and a trail that runs alongside the road, more or less. I took off down the trail, definitely not planning on going the whole length of it.
I passed about half a dozen people going the opposite direction, including one of my professors from last semester and his wife. At this point, I was about 2 miles down the trail, which is also about as far as I’ve been on it. But my competitive streak came out, and I decided that I was not going to be shown up by a man who is older than my father. If he can do it, so can I. So I kept going. And then I hit the 2.5 mile mark, and it just seemed silly to turn back when I was that close. By the time I got to 2.75, I definitely wasn’t going to turn around without getting to the end. That was a long 1/4 mile, but I did it! And then I turned around and did it again.
By the time I got finished, my legs were rubbery and I thought I was going to have to sit down, but I had to walk back up to my room and jump in the shower. Right now, I really don’t feel bad at all. Tomorrow at this time may be a different story.
Here’s the playlist that got me through it:
1. The World-Brad Paisley, Time Well Wasted
2. She’s Everything-Brad Paisley, Time Well Wasted
3. Little Moments-Brad Paisley, Mud on the Tires
4. Somebody Knows You Now-Brad Paisley, Mud on the Tires
5. Good Woman Bad-Josh Turner, Long Black Train
6. Would You Go With Me-Josh Turner, Long Black Train
7. Baby’s Gone Home to Mama-Josh Turner, Your Man
8. Your Man-Josh Turner, Your Man
9. Late Show-Hawk Nelson, Letters to the President There is a noticeable shift in genre right here, and it happened to be about when I turned around to come back, which kinda gave me that extra energy.
10. Every Little Thing (acoustic)-Hawk Nelson, Letters to the President
11. Definitely Maybe-FM Static, What Are You Waiting For?
12. Hold Me Twice-FM Static, What Are You Waiting For?
13. October-FM Static, What Are You Waiting For?
14. Number 10 again Soo..I made this playlist a long time ago, and apparently I repeated myself..more than once..
15. If You Want Me To-Ginny Owens, Without Condition
16. Love Song for a Savior-Jars of Clay, Jars of Clay
17. No Rush-Josh Turner, Your Man
18. Number 4 again I skipped it this time..
19. All I Ask of You-Andrew Lloyd Webber, Phantom of the Opera “Turn my head with thoughts of summertime”
20. Only the Beginning of the Adventure-The Chronicles of Narnia I love, love, love this piece; it’s soo beautiful..