are what I said I wanted to grow in my garden once a long, long time ago..only I said chicken with a “sh” sound..”shicken pie”..Since we’re having chicken pot pie for lunch today, I thought about that story I’ve heard so many times I almost remember it happening.
The Summer Reading List picks up with the beach picks:
28. Peculiar Treasures by Robin Gunn Jones–Oh.My.Gosh. I LOVE this book!!! <3<3<3 SO good and I cannot wait for the next one in the series to come out (sob, November..)
29. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer–Yes, I was sucked into this series. Shamelessly.
30. 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff–has already appeared on this list, but I now own it and read it again..Because it’s that good.
31. New Moon by Stephanie Meyer
32. Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer
33. The Pursuit of Love by Nancy Mitford–I love pretty much anything written/set in England between or around the world wars. This is great.
34. a. The Mother-Daughter Book Club by Heather Vogel Frederick–I think I would have loved this book when I was about 10.
b. Cornelia and the Audacious Escapades of the Somerset Sisters by Lesley M.M. Blume–these two books are sharing a number because they’re children’s chapter books, but they’re both good and will have a place in my classroom library in a couple of years..
35. Hungry Girl by Lisa Lillien–an impulse cookbook buy..will test some recipes and report back
36. Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer
37. Love in a Cold Climate by Nancy Mitford– ❤
37 books=not half bad. Last summer I read an even 40, but last summer I didn’t take a class.
It’s a perfect rainy and cool Sunday afternoon, very unlike August. I think I’m going to find a good book to curl up with and get the Fall list going..