- I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing; kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles. ~Audrey Hepburn Love that.
- My friend Nikki is getting married, and she started a blog! I’ve kinda been on this wedding kick lately, and I love looking at ideas of what other people are planning. (Also, Nikki, how is it possible that you’re getting married?! Weren’t we just in 5th grade last week, reading “Jacob Have I Loved” and writing really melodramatic short stories?)
- If you don’t read Design*Sponge, you are missing out! I’m filing this away in the wedding category of my brain..And I am almost done with my version of this..pictures soon!
- Things that amuse me about that picture up top: my little sister is barefoot, I am wearing heels, and she’s still taller than me (for those who don’t know me in ‘real life’, I’m 5’8″–not exactly short); one of the spaghetti straps on my (very cute, very cheap) dress snapped in the car and was held up for the entire wedding rehearsal+dinner by a paperclip (in a blazing hot church; the cardi had to go); the woman at the nail place the day before assumed we were sisters, asked which one was older, and did a double take when I said I was–“You??” yeepp..4 years..
- My sister went to the dermatologist a couple of weeks ago, and they removed a mole on her chest to test (turned out to be pre-cancer cells and they’re going to get the rest of them, so no worries)..so the next day at band practice you could see the bandaid with the tank top she was wearing. She told one person she had gotten laser heart surgery, another that she’d had to get a rabies shot because her dog bit her, and she told the band student teacher that she’d gotten a tattoo. He believed her.
- More Design*Sponge love: this entry about Little Women, one of my all-time favorites..Which March sister are you? When I was younger, I was a Jo/Beth combo, but over the past few years I’ve been growing more like Meg and less like Jo..Need to reread the book and rewatch the movies. And I would absolutely love for my future house to look like Orchard House (crossed with Meg Ryan’s apartment in “You’ve Got Mail”, with a healthy dash of Kate’s English cottage in “The Holiday”).
- I got my hair cut this morning..it’s short and I’m not sure if I like it, but my dad said that he liked it, which is a major, huge deal and definitely should override my opinion (my haircuts have been..an issue..over the past 21 years..to put it delicately..)
- I am going to go make salsa and granola, and finish sewing the binding on my quilt, and work on my yo-yo pillow, and watch The O.C.